BARSAAT AND BHARAT: RARE AUCTION FROM deRIVAAZ & IVESby Editorial Desk August 17 2023, 12:00 am Estimated Reading Time: 4 mins, 9 secs
Rare and magnificent artworks from Barsaat Ki Raat, Shaheed, Haqeeqat to Mughal-e-Azam on auction as deRivaz & Ives, India’s youngest auction house, reports The Daily Eye #Newsdesk
It is that time of the year when people are drenched in patriotic hues as the Independence Day celebrations continue. Hence it is time for the Barsaat and Bharat auction from deRivaz & Ives. A rare collection of film memorabilia are being auctioned between August 15th and 19th, 2023 on its online platform www.derivaz-ives.com
Vintage lots of classic films and scenes from the best of Indian film history are being offered. So what do you want to bid for?
- The Booklet highlights the Collection which includes items from films such as Barsaat, various versions of Shaheed, Barsaat Ki Raat, Naya Daur, Mother India, Mughal-e-Azam, Dil Tera Deewana, Haqeeqat, Kranti, and many more. There is a section focusing on the cinema of Manoj Kumar and the serigraphs of eminent artist MF Husain focusing on films – Mughal-e-Azam, Iqbal, Devdas, Meenaxi & Gajagamini.
- There is a very special and rare lot of thirty silver gelatine photographic prints of Sunil Dutt, Waheeda Rehman, Kishore Kumar, Madhumati, Prem Dhawan and others entertaining the Jawans during the early 1960s.
Regarding Barsaat & Bharat, the moving spirit behind deRivaz & Ives, Neville Tuli, Chief Mentor, further added: "Barsaat & Bharat opens the 2023-24 calendar for deRivaz & Ives; it heralds a major new push towards sensitizing the Indian and global film going public with twelve landmark auctions on the history of Indian cinema. The September focus on the cinematic maestro Satyajit Ray is the single largest and finest global sale of Vintage Posters, Lobby Cards, Song-Synopsis Booklets, Drawings and Books till date. Celebrations on the Cinema of Amitabh Bachchan, Raj Kapoor, Dev Anand & Madhubala will follow each month into January 2024. It is high time that the Indian film fraternity galvanise their engagement and role in preserving our cinematic heritage and making it a deeper part of daily life from an aesthetic and historical perspective. This change in turn will help facilitate a greater role for Cinema in all facets of learning and education irrespective of the subject of focus. Naturally a strong market fuels such an interest and hence the policy-making attitudes are easier to influence."
The auction on www.derivaz-ives.com opens for bidding from August 15th and will remain so until August 19th 2023 between 10 am to 8:30 pm (IST).
More details of the auction are below:
- Original release poster of Madhubala & Bharat Bhusan’s super hit film “Barsaat ki Raat”, designed by PamArt, comes up for auction for the first time.
- Famous for its music by Roshan Saab and the songs from the great qawwali “Yeh Hai Ishq Ishq…” to the romantic classic “Zindagi bhar nahin bhoolegi…”
- First release poster of Shammi Kapoor & Mala Sinha’s romantic super hit film “Dil Tera Deewana”, also designed by PamArt adds to the monsoon romantic energy of the auction.
- Very rare and unique set of 30 silver gelatine photographic prints of Sunil Dutt, Kishore Kumar, Waheeda Rehman, Prem Dhawan, Madhumati, and others, entertaining the Indian troops at the border during the 1962-65 period of the Indo Pakistan and Chinese wars.
- Poster of Barsaat with Raj Kapoor and Nargis in the iconic pose which later became the RK Films logo.
-Barsaat is RK Films' first superhit with popular songs by Shankar Jaikishen.
- Mehmood and IS Johar 1968 film still of an unreleased film “Nange Log” with both carrying umbrellas taking forward their comic pairing from the Johar & Mehmood Go to Goa days.
- Original lobby card set of Mehboob Khan's Aan, the first technicolour film in India. One of the biggest hits of Dilip Kumar.
- Original posters of Azaad (1955), Naya Daur (1957), Leader (1960) & Kranti (1981) featuring Dilip Kumar and an original later release magnificent artwork of Mughal-e-Azam with Dilip (as Jahangir) portrait as the central image of the artwork.
- In addition the Aan (1952) Chromolithographs and the Song Synopsis Booklet for Shaheed (1948) makes it a great focus for Dilip Kumar Fans
- Set of 8 silver gelatin photographic stills mounted on later re-release lobby cards of Mother India.
- One of the greatest films made in this country.
- Set of 8 lobby cards of Dr Kotnis Ki Amar Kahani (International version of film for the U.S.A. Launch)
- A very important film from the point of view of Indian independence and highlights V. Shantaram's vision that went beyond Indian borders.
- Set Of 12 lobby cards of Chetan Anand's Haqeeqat
- Considered one of the greatest war & patriotic films made in India
- Famous for its memorable songs written by Kaifi Azmi for Madan Mohan.
- Series of MF Husain serigraphs made by him inspired by Mughal-E-Azam, Devdas, Meenakshi and Iqbal along with Gaja Gamini brochure. Completes almost all the film- inspired work of MF Husain.
For further information kindly contact: Naarad PR & Image Strategists
Anusha +91 9820535230, 9082798374. firstname.lastname@example.org